Housing Support Worker – Full Time (Belfast)
Belfast Central Mission
T: +44 (0)28 9024 1917
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Empower and make a difference to the lives of older people living in the community
- Enjoy access to a range of company benefits including pension, healthcare plans and more
About the role
As the Housing Support Worker, you will provide support and assistance to older people to maintain their housing and standard of living ,to continue to live as independently in the community as safely as possible. You will deliver high-quality housing support services including the assessment and development of support plans to ensure that they directly reflect the specific needs of the individual
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Providing 1-1 support
- Develop and review action plans
- Provide practical, hands-on support and be skilled in motivating others to manage budgeting, cleaning, cooking, decorating etc.
- Support to move and set up homes and sustain tenancies
- Developing effective working relationships
- Problem solving
- Have full autonomy in planning your working day
- Provide accurate detailed reports
- Passionate about what you do and motivated to make a difference
- Ability to communicate at all levels to form professional yet supportive relationships with service users, their representatives, and the wider community
- A friendly and empathetic nature
- Ability to adapt existing skills and experience in social and/or community care to new situations and environments where no two days are the same
- Well organised and effective at managing conflicting priorities
- Be resilient and forward thinking to solve problems efficiently
- Be a team player, understand team objectives and how your own work relates to achieving these
- Demonstrated IT literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- A full UK driving licence
As an employee of Belfast Central Mission, you will be provided with ongoing personal and professional development, career pathways opportunities, a positive and supportive workplace culture alongside a range of staff benefits including:
- Health and Pension Plans
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- 21 days holiday leave plus public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
Belfast Central Mission is not only an award winning, not-for-profit organisation but also one of the oldest charities in Northern Ireland. We pride ourselves on making a positive and lasting impact on individuals through our social care projects and services we provide, including supported housing to all ages, residential aged care, retirement living, community services, counselling, and day care services.
Are you ready to join a team of like-minded colleagues who are who are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives? We would love to hear from you!
If you have been shortlisted for this position, you will be contacted after the closing date of Thursday 27 January and interviews for this role will be taking place on Monday 14 February.
To work at BCM, you will be required to supply proof of work rights and an enhanced AccessNI check.