Middletown Centre for Autism
T: (0)28 3751 5750
Job Purpose: The HR Officer will provide a comprehensive Human Resource Service to the Centre developing, maintaining and implementing the Centre’s HR policies and procedures in both NI & ROI jurisdictions and contributing to the Centre’s HR strategy.
They will provide confidential advice and information on HR and employment matters, to managers and employees in the Centre and will deal with first stage grievance, disciplinary & sick absence issues in accordance with policies and procedures.
The HR Officer will develop and maintain appropriate employee and personnel records to support the Centre’s Personnel and Payroll IT system and provide all statutory returns and reports for the Centre.
Key Areas of Responsibility Policies and Procedures:
• To develop, maintain and implement the Centre’s HR policies and associated procedures to reflect legislation in both NI & ROI jurisdictions.
• To provide advice and support to the Management team and other staff of the Centre in relation to employment and HR policies and matters.
• To maintain a register of all the Centre’s HR policies and procedures and provide appropriate advice to employees and managers.
• To contribute to the development of the Centre’s HR strategy.
Absence Management and Wellbeing:
• To provide absence reports, advice and support to managers on the operation of the Centre’s Sickness and Absence and where necessary to attend interviews and record proceedings.
• Actively promote wellbeing initiatives for staff at the Centre.
• Manage referrals and conduct welfare meetings with staff as appropriate.
Recruitment and Selection:
• To oversee the recruitment process from identifying a recruitment need to appointment of new staff, ensuring priorities are followed in accordance with the Centre’s needs.
• To participate, as appropriate, in selection and recruitment process interviews.
• To manage the Centre’s NI and RoI safeguarding processes, ensuring correct documentation received and followed up in a timely manner.
• To record and prepare reports on recruitment, ensuring that the Centre complies with its statutory reporting duties in respect of Fair Employment and Equality.
• To assist in the development, management and maintenance of the computerised HR system (PAMs).
• To provide advice and support to managers on the operation of the Centre’s Grievance and Disciplinary policies and where necessary to attend interviews and record proceedings.
• Keep up to date records on employee relations issues.
Training and Development:
• To ensure that the Centre has an effective CPD strategy and
• To support Heads of Divisions and their staff with the planning and management of Continuous Professional Development programmes on an annual basis.
Pay and Benefits:
• To administer the Centre’s Pensions Policy, advising staff and managers on benefits and obligations.
• To ensure in conjunction with the Finance Department, the provision of an effective payroll service for the Centre.
• To assist the Finance Department manage the Pay Remit process in line with the Centre’s obligations.
Performance Management and Appraisals:
Organising and Planning:
Maintenance of Records:
Please see full Job Description and Person Specification.