Independent Audit Committee Member
Ards & North Down Borough Council
T: 0300 013 3333
ARDS and NORTH DOWN BOROUGH COUNCIL is seeking to appoint an independent member to its Audit Committee. The independent member will contribute to the Committee’s role of providing independent assurance to Those Charged with Governance, on the adequacy of the risk management framework and the internal control environment.
The Committee will review the Council’s governance, risk management and control frameworks, overseeing the performance improvement, financial reporting and annual governance processes. It will also oversee Internal Audit and External Audit, helping to ensure efficient and effective assurance arrangements are in place.
The independent member will attend evening meetings at least four times per year and play a key role by providing experience, knowledge and expertise to make a contribution to the Committee, bringing an objective perspective to help the Council provide the highest standard of corporate governance arrangements.
- Contract duration – 4 Year Term
- A reserve list for this post may be maintained for one year
- All correspondence in relation to the job vacancy will be completed by email and phone. Therefore, it is important that applicants ensure a valid e-mail address and mobile number are provided and entered accurately when filling out the application form.
- Applicants should ensure they check their emails including junk folders regularly.
- Further guidance on the interview process to be used during COVID-19, will be provided via e-mail to shortlisted Candidates.
- It is anticipated Virtual interviews will take place on 27 May 2021
- The section on employment history to be left blank, all other sections to be completed.