Information Security Officer
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
IT Security Officer
- Do you want to be part of the biggest provider of Fibre Networks in Europe?
- Do you have strong negotiating skills, with the ability to influence decision-makers?
- Do you have a track record for delivery and business improvement? Do you possess excellent people skills?
KN Group are recruiting an IT Security Officer to work in our growing IT Division.
You will set the strategy for Information Security in the business and deploy the tool and processes that will ensure we are ISO accredited this year. You will ensure our people are trained on the importance of IT Security and document any security issues or breaches you find. To do well in this role you should have a degree in computer science and experience in the information security field.
You will be supported by an inhouse team of specialists and a range of partner organisations spanning many specialisms and a range of territories.
The successful candidate will have the scope to work on a process, policy and technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to build their knowledge of business as well as become a specialist in IT Security. There is a strong ethos of teamwork and ongoing personal development for all members of the team.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Implement & Maintain ISO 27001 IT Security Standard for KN Group
- The requirements for the IT Security Officer role are:
- Degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in Information Security or related field.
- Experience of IT Infrastructure and documenting policies and procedures