Instrument Manufacturing Operative
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Instrument Manufacturing Operative – 21N/IMOR
Randox Laboratories are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join their Manufacturing team. Focusing on the manufacture, assembly and testing of analyser machines, electromechanical modules, cables and electrical kits for engineering products and projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Mechanically build and testing of modules for engineering products.
• Manufacture of cables & cable assemblies and electrical kits.
• Routing of cables.
• Testing of Printed Circuit Boards.
• Use of testing software to verify correct manufacture and operation.
• Liaise and provide feedback to the Engineering Department on issues relating to the manufacturability of engineering products.
• Liaise and work closely with the R&D Engineering teams in the development of Prototype builds and NPI.
• Support goods-inward inspection process of manufactured components for compliance to the correct standard.
• Strict compliance to processes, procedures, drawings, work instructions etc.
• Assist with problem solving process.
• Contribute to continuous improvement opportunities to enhance quality, cost, efficiency etc.
• Demonstrate can do attitude and adapts flexibility to get the job done.
• Adherence to company Positive Work Environment Policies, Health and Safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
• Hold a recognised Level 3 qualification within a manufacturing related discipline or a minimum of 3-years’ experience within a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Good demonstrable experience in MS applications e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
• Hold a NC or higher qualification within a manufacturing related discipline.
• Experience in the use of crimping tools, soldering cables and PCB’s.
• Experience in the use of mechanical/Electrical/Electronic testing equipment.
• Experience in the use of 2D and/or 3D software applications.
• Experience with Lean problem-solving tools & techniques.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.