IT Technical Support Specialist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
IT Technical Support Specialist (22N/ITTE)
Location: Antrim Town, Science Park. Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday, 8:40am – 5:20pm
We are currently recruiting for an IT Technical Support Specialist to join our Team based at the Randox Science Park in Antrim.
PC's / Laptops
• Hardware Support including associated peripherals
• Software – Operating Systems such as Windows 7, 10
• Applications – Office 356, AD, SCCM, SAGE, SAP, Sophos
• Printing – Print Server Configuration, connection to appropriate printer, access to colour if approved, locked print jobs / Equitrac
• Hardware Support – Hard drives, Motherboards, Memory, Processors etc.
• Software – Operating System – Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 etc.
• Databases – Access, MYSQL, SQL
• Applications – Exchange 2000 / 2003, SAGE, SAP, CRM
• Maintenance – Service Packs, Updates, WSUS, SCCM
• Virtualisation – VMware
• Patching – Servers to switches, PC's / Telephones to wall points, patch panels to switches etc.
• Switches – Routing tables, VPN routing, addressing scopes, Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
• WAN – SSL VPN, Net Extender
• Active Directory / UAM – Account creations, file store permissions, group policy assignments and memberships.
• Application Management – User access, user configuration and functionality
• Training – System usage, application functionality, local and global connectivity
• Creating, updating and monitoring of user tickets using E-Ticketing System
• Incident & Problem Management
• SLA & KPI Management – Ensure tickets are prioritized, with users are kept up to date on progress
• Ensure the department procedures are following at all time.
• Projects – Take partial ownership, research and collation of material relevant for a project
• Documentation – Ensuring maintenance relevance and accuracy
• Information Security Management – IT systems access, site access this includes but is not restricted to door and alarm control, monitoring telephony and when requested CCTV solutions, assist in investigation of systems violations.
• Adherence to company Positive Work Environment Policies, health & safety procedures, and the maintenance of a safe working environment.
• 1 – 2 years' experience in a Service Desk Role
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
• Excellent Troubleshooting skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access) /0365
• Knowledge of security / access systems
• Experience in CRM IT Service desk systems
• Experience of ITIL / Reporting / Incident Management
• Experience using remote support tools
• Must have a clean and valid driving license
• Ability to mentor less experienced peers
• Ability to manage and de-escalate upset customers, own escalations to resolution
• Strong analytical, process-oriented, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers with varying levels of technical expertise
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to understand and resolve complex technical issues
• Ability to document process, act as a Subject Matter
• Expert (SME) and deliver peer training