Chain Reaction Cycles
T: 028 9334 5507
Junior Buyer | Full time | Permanent | Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
WiggleCRC are looking to recruit a Junior Buyer to join the B&M team.
What will you be doing?
The Junior Buyer role is to be an expert in the category market, with a full detailed understanding of the main Brands and products, and a commercial ability to select the very best customer product offer. Buyers must be able to understand and operate within the agreed Merchandisers Range Framework, selecting the most appropriate suppliers, products, and negotiate industry leading prices and terms, and work with the Buying Assistant to set up all products with the correct data in a timely manner.
- Cost price negotiations
- Supplier Terms / Deals negotiations
- On Boarding new Suppliers, Brands and Products
- Exiting poor selling / non profitable Suppliers, Brands and Products
- Managing supplier relationships
- New product / Brand trialling
- Communicating relevant details to the wider business (Marketing / International)
- Accurate product and supplier data
- Maintaining product ranges within the range plan parameters
Who we are looking for?
- Experience of Buying within a similar retailer, or interest in moving into buying within a fast paced online retailer.
- Good levels of product knowledge and passion for sports and understanding customers.
- Understanding of the principles of balanced attribute range building, and able to operate within the budgeted framework.
- Experience of introducing new Brands or Products that prove successful
Why work for us?
We are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. We offer some of the most rewarding career opportunities in sports retail, eCommerce, and IT development. Our people are highly valued and thrive in a relaxed culture which encourages innovation and personal development.
What’s in it for you?
If working alongside some for the most creative people isn’t enough, we offer you:
Excellent career progression opportunities, 25 days annual leave, Staff discount, 5% pension contribution, company sporting events, smart casual dress code and a brilliant company culture.
Is this the job for you? If so, we would love to hear from you…
Why not stand out from the crowd and send us your cover letter to give us a better idea of who you are and why you want to join the team…