T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (21N/CLAS)
We require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Laboratory Assistant to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
This position will be based within our Laboratory in our Science Park location, Antrim
• Routine use of the RCLS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMs).
• Receipt and Accession of Randox Health, Clinical Trial, Internal R&D, Production, EQA and QC Samples for Analysis.
• Specimen Analysis, Storage and Disposal.
• Maintenance of Sample Inventory.
• Strict adherence to chain of custody procedures throughout the analytical process.
• Operation and Maintenance of the SYSMEX XS-1000i Haematology Analyser.
• Ownership of External Quality Control (EQA) Schemes for Urine Dipstick, Urine Chemistries and Full Blood Count involving the review, filing and storage of quality control records
• Maintenance of Stock Control in laboratory
• Removal of expired products.
• Preparation of specimens for transportation to ensure that their stability is safeguarded during shipment to the appropriate analytical laboratory
• Recording and monitoring of temperatures for laboratory equipment
The successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Educated to, at least, A Level or equivalent in a science related subject
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Highly motivated, independent and proactive; ability to anticipate needs and take appropriate action
• Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages)
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Randox is an equal opportunities employer