Denroy Plastics Limited
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Site: Denroy Plastics Ltd
Main function: To improve the overall efficiency of the company through the effective management of new product introduction (NPI), planning records and shop floor support
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you'll be responsible for;
- Supporting the Manufacturing Plant, equipment, and buildings to ensure optimum production performance at all times.
- Completing all preventative and general maintenance work on site on time, maintaining all equipment to the manufacturer's recommendations, and ensuring all records are completed and always up to date.
- Dealing with unscheduled and emergency maintenance work and breakdowns, including fault finding and necessary repair in a safe and timely manner; conduct root cause analysis on shift documenting and communicating immediate countermeasures and long-term actions to prevent re-occurrence and allow accurate reporting to the Shift Manager for the shift log.
- Be proactive in predicting, detecting, reporting, and diagnosing potential and existing software, electrical and mechanical problems on all equipment to identify issues and faults, solve problems, and increase the reliability, availability, and utilisation of the plant.
- Maintain factory services in excellent order, utilise 5S system, and ensure housekeeping is kept to the highest standard in all areas of responsibility for the Engineering Dept.
- Improving OEE and working to Departmental KPI’s
This role is working a rolling 2 week shift pattern with availability for potential overtime as required in line with the remit of the post.
Shift pattern 1st week 4 days, 2nd week 3 days.
Working day hours: 8am – 8pm (12 hrs, of which 11 hrs paid) Breaks: 2 x 15 minute and 2 x 30 minutes
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Have a recognised electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualification to HNC/HND Level
- Electrical and/or mechanical engineering apprentice trained.
- Proven pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical knowledge including PLCs, three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to hold an IOSH Managing Safely accreditation
- Experience of working in a continuous manufacturing process environment using TPM and other preventative maintenance systems is essential.
- Experience of working within an Engineering team and being able to work by oneself.
- Desirable to have experience on working on production assembly lines
To perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
Denroy Plastics Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.