Manufacturing Automation Engineer
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Manufacturing Automation Engineer – Job Ref: 22N/MAUE
Location: Antrim Town, Science Park. Shift Pattern: Monday-Friday, 8:40am-5:20pm.
Randox Laboratories is a global diagnostics company headquartered in Northern Ireland. We employ more than 2500 staff globally and have a presence in over 145 countries. Recently we have processed over 20 million COVID 19 tests for the British Government as part of the National COVID Testing Programme. We are looking for a Manufacturing Automation Engineer wo will report to a Design Engineering Manager and work with the R&D Design and Manufacturing and Service departments.
• Assist with the design, simulation, development and build of new automated manufacturing solutions into digital twin to Industry 4.0
• The development and maintenance of integrated production lines utilising factory simulation, robotics, environmental control, liquid dispense, packaging and inspection, controlled by industrial PCs, PLCs and industrial communication networks
• 3rd level qualification in an engineering related discipline
• Qualification in automation engineering
• PLC programming experience
• Minimum 3 years experience in an automation engineering role
• Proven record of delivering Industry 4.0 manufacturing automation projects
• Experience in factory simulation
• Siemens S7 / TIA Portal PLC programming
• Profinet communication networks
• Solidworks CAD
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software, and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.