Chain Reaction Cycles
T: 028 9334 5507
Job Title: Merchandiser | Location: Mallusk, Antrim (Can be based remotely)
Chain Reaction Cycles are currently looking for an experienced Merchandiser to join their family on a fixed term contract. Interested in fast forwarding your career in a fast-paced dynamic environment? Then please read on…
What will you be doing?
The Merchandiser is the overall owner of the range framework, ensuring full analysis has been considered, in line with any known future trends to design an overall plan to enable the Buyer to deliver an edited range of the best products for each customer segment. This must be done within the overall Department budgeted parameters, and controlled / re-forecast in season, with full communication to the wider business. The Merchandiser owns the overall Department P&L and is responsible for modelling price promotions and clearance activities, and keeping the range performing within the agreed parameters (Budget / agreed re-forecasts).
- Develop and sign off the department budget
- Design and sign off the Department Assortment Plan
- Use historical analysis and market trends effectively to justify forward plans
- Identify the required sourcing strategy for the Department
- Manage the in-season reforecasting process
- Manage the range within the agreed parameters (width of range, clearance at end of lifecycle etc)
- Accurate costing of Department Price Changes
- Communicate key information to the wider business (e.g. Marketing, Operations, Finance etc)
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of Merchandising within a similar retailer, or highly performing individual from within the business looking to progress
- Must be highly numeric with good skills in Excel and Powerpoint, with Oracle Retail an advantage.
- Have good commercial understanding of the product set, with wider market knowledge.
- Understand the principles of balanced attribute range building, and able to construct and operate within a budgeted framework.
- Able to create buying framework and manage the Buyer to operate within this
- Able to make best for business decisions within a timely manner
- Operates in an organised manner
Why work for us?
We are always looking for talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. We offer some of the most rewarding career opportunities in sports retail, eCommerce, and IT development. Our people are highly valued and thrive in a relaxed culture which encourages innovation and personal development.
What’s in it for you?
If working alongside some of the most creative people isn’t enough, we offer you:
Excellent career progression opportunities, 25 days annual leave, Staff discount, 5% pension contribution, company sporting events, smart casual dress code and a brilliant company culture.
Is this the job for you? If so, we would love to hear from you…