Mobile Planners x2
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, KN Circet are currently recruiting for Surveyors to complement our existing team.
Due to extensive growth, we have an exciting opportunity for Surveyors to join the KN Design Team. This role is based in our Dublin and Galway offices, for the surveying and design of an FTTP network in Ireland but not limited to. The role will form part of the KN planning team and will operate a Network Documentation System that includes passive network elements. The role will have key involvement in FTTX network modelling, plan civil, fibre routes, produce maps and drawings, and provide CAD/GIS and mapping support to staff members. You will be required to measure fibre cable lengths and provide cabling splicing and termination schedules.
- Initial fundamental design of fibre Passive Optical Networks (PONS) / FPA using multiple different systems /or KN design tools.
The planning & design of the FTTX networks from the Point of Presence to the premise on the project will involve:
- Creation of Low-level and High-Level Designs
- Surveying and validation of planned fibre routes, identifying suitable demarcation points and constraints such as but not limited to: D-Poles, low wires, chamber and pole viability, Connectorised Block terminal locations, splice locations, duct congestion, new pole locations, validation of homes passed
- Completion of Bill of Materials/Bill of Quantities
- Completion of Design Risk Assessments
- Completion of construction packs
- Ensure design meets the clients architectural and technical requirements and standards
Knowledge; Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate will have –
- IT literate with MS packages
- Proven track record for delivering results to tight timescales
- Good communication skills verbal & written
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Strong desire to continually improve performance
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Full driving licence
Desired (not essential)
- Experience in communications industry
- Engineering qualifications
- GIS backgrounds
- Small world system
- ARC GIS PRO
- Auto Cad
The Good Bits:
KN Circet are committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages such as:
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Holiday purchase scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.