Molecular Production Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Molecular Manufacturing Scientist (Job Ref: 21N/DMCC)
We require a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist, with appropriate qualifications and experience in Molecular Biology disciplines, to undertake a molecular reagent manufacturing role within the company. We seek applications from graduate level to those with extensive experience.
This position will be based at our Science Park in Antrim Town, County Antrim.
• Manufacturing of bespoke molecular diagnostic products.
• Monitoring production schedules and completion of formulation.
• Monitoring of raw material and consumable stock levels.
• Use and maintenance of SAGE stock control system.
• Formulation of molecular freeze dry reagents.
• The dispense, freeze dry, packing and labelling of molecular freeze dry products.
• Accurate completion of manufacturing records including manufacturing works orders.
• Review and approval of other staff manufacturing records.
• Completion of in process quality checks.
• Use and maintenance of laboratory environment and equipment.
• Adherence to specific gowning procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to at least degree standard in a Life Science discipline with a 2:1 grade or above.
• Molecular Biology experience desirable.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Must have excellent time management, organisational and computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office packages).
• Ability to learn and retain information quickly.
• Previous experience in reagent manufacturing would be desirable.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry that can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
The Molecular Biology group at Randox develop innovative multiplex diagnostic tests that provide greater clinical information from a single patient sample, allowing enhanced decision making. We are increasing our test portfolio, which already includes oncology, cardiac and infectious disease panels, so require additional scientists to meet demand. This provides opportunities in our molecular biology manufacturing facilities.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer