Network Planner Openreach (12 Month Contract)
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
Due to extensive growth, Circet are seeking to recruit Network Planners to join the Openreach planning design team.
This team leads all planning activities and will operate a Network Documentation System that includes passive network elements. The role will have key involvement in FTTX network modelling, plan civil, fibre routes, produce maps and drawings, and provide CAD/GIS and mapping support to staff members. You will be required to measure fibre cable lengths and provide cabling splicing and termination schedules.
This job will require flexibility of working hours. You may be required to perform duties above and beyond your normal responsibilities. Some travel to our other locations may be required.
- Initial fundamental design of fibre Passive Optical Networks (PONS) / FPA using multiple different systems / Circet design tools.
- The planning & design of the FTTX networks from the Point of Presence to the premise on the project will involve:
- Creation of Low-level and High-Level Designs
- Surveying and validation of planned fibre routes, identifying suitable demarcation points and constraints such as but not limited to: D-Poles, low wires, chamber and pole viability, Connectorised Block terminal locations, splice locations, duct congestion, new pole locations, validation of homes passed
- Completion of Bill of Materials/Bill of Quantities
- Completion of Design Risk Assessments
- Completion of construction packs
- Ensure design meets the clients architectural and technical requirements and standards
- Proven track record for delivering results to tight timescales
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Strong desire to continually improve performance
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Flexibility to travel throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Full driving licence
- Proficient in full Microsoft Office package
- Experience in communications/telecoms industry
- Engineering qualifications
- ARC GIS PRO
- Auto Cad
- Excellent opportunity to join a large, secure utilities business in an interesting and varied role.
- Training and development opportunities