Packing Staff (Day shift & Night shift)
T: 028 7963 2465
Opportunities are currently available to start immediately in our busy Magherafelt bakery for full time, permanent positions on night shift (midnigth start times available). Experience is not essential, full training will be provided.
Day To Day Activities:
- The Packaging Area is to be kept to a high standard of housekeeping at all times. It is the responsibility of all operatives to maintain the areas throughout the shift. This is extremely important given the nature of the work carried out in this area.
- To ensure product quality through process control and faults prevention.
- To ensure all lines are kept running to required standards.
- To ensure safe working practices are adopted at all times in accordance with Safety, Health and Environmental policies, procedures and legislation.
- To ensure the hygiene of your working areas meets the sites hygiene standards at all times.
- To correctly co-ordinate the transfer within the manufacturing process all materials, and to ensure traceability procedures are followed at all times, 100% compliance with the Stevens System.
- Accurately and timely complete all required documentation to enable clear traceability.
- To communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
- To undertake job rotation to reduce health and safety risks and to multi skill team.
- To ensure 100% completion of daily rituals.
- To encourage colleagues to participate and drive continuous improvement in their area.
- Any other duties within the post holder’s competence as requested by the Manager.
Essential criteria required:
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Team working and problem solving skills
- Reliable and flexible
Desirable criteria preferred:
- Experience working in a packing team as part of a food manufacturing environment.
- Basic food hygiene training/qualification
- Basic health and safety training/qualification
- Availability to start immediately
Working patterns. We have a number of positions available in the following team:
- Day Shift, Packing Team Members. Start 8am to an undefined finish time (operational volumes depending). Monday to Friday inclusive plus working rotational weekends per the departmental rota (every other weekend)
- Night Shift, Packing Team Members. Start midnight to an undefined finish time (operational volumes depending). Sunday night to Thursday night inclusive plus working rotational weekends per the departmental rota (every other weekend)
Please note we operate a flexible finish time on each shift which varies depending on customer order demands.
- Weekly paid
- Development opportunities/Career progression available
- Free staff carparking
- Job security
Genesis is an equal opportunities employer.