Chain Reaction Cycles
T: 028 9334 5507
Job Title: Principal Developer
Location: Mallusk, Antrim
Position type: Full Time Permanent
WiggleCR are looking to recruit a Principle Developer to join the team!
We are united by passion in everything we do and driven by our winning teams who value the unique strengths we each bring. This is your opportunity to join a team who are not afraid to pursue ambitious goals and will support you to achieve your personal best. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, a sports enthusiast, or an excel expert, a people manager or an analyst, we have a place for you! There’s a place for everyone in our team!
You won’t just be joining the WiggleCR family, we’re part of something bigger. We are now proud members of the Signa Sports United family!
What’s in it for – The benefits
If working alongside some for the most creative and innovative people isn’t enough, we also offer you:
· Excellent career progression opportunities
· 25 days annual leave
· 5% pension contribution
· Staff discount
· Flexible working hours
· Healthcare plan
· Company Bonus
· Company sporting events, smart casual dress code, and brilliant company culture.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for the technical implementation strategy of our software projects. We are in the process of modernising its ecommerce platform and you will play a lead role in this project and on our future roadmap.
· Leading the technical implementation of our strategy
· Building a technical talent pool. Helping to identify skills gaps and recruiting to fill those.
· Building relationships with delivery partners, ensuring quality and adherence to technical strategy.
· Supporting technical decision making, especially to facilitate delivery of future roadmap. Working closely with architects, product owners, business analysts to ensure delivery is feasible.
· Act as an SME for development decisions. Help to drive decisions on technology. Understand the impact those decisions will have to ensure the correct options are chosen.
· Ensuring the architecture of applications allows for flexibility and scalability. Make decisions that create reusable components.
· Mentoring other team members to ensure they’re able to deliver software of the required quality.
· Line management of team members (monthly 1-1, 6-month review and goal setting)
· Drive best practices within the development team, including agile methodologies, automated testing, continuous deployment.
· Industry experience as a software developer
· Experience as a technical lead. You’ve been the person your colleagues come to when they need to understand the technical details
· Experience building modern websites. You know the pros and cons of react or angular. You’re opinionated on SPAs and MFEs.
Being diverse and inclusive are key to our company values. You can find out more about the actions we’re taking to support diversity on the Wiggle and Chain Reactions careers page on our websites.