T: 028 7963 2465
Genesis Bakery has been manufacturing artisanal, high quality, baked goods since 1968. The annual turnover is in excess of £20m with a workforce of over 200. Our products are sold in more than 700 stores across Northern Ireland and we also produce a range of bread and cakes for many of the UK's largest and most prestigious retailers including Marks & Spencer and Waitrose.
We are pleased to invite applications for our newly created role of Production Accountant. The successful candidate will support new product development, monitor margin, and provide financial insights to our General Manager and Senior Management Team.
- Ownership of all aspects of internal product costings to including Bill of Materials (BOM), costing, system implemntation and controls
- Prepare, analyse and report weekly and monthly gross margin analysis by product and customer
- Assist in period-end closing and reconciliation of inventory
- Liaise with IT department to ensure effective systems are in place to provide relevant reporting
- Maintain internal control documentation and test appropriate controls
- Provide effective commercial procedures, or initiate change, to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are delivered
- Liaise with Sales and NPD to offer financial insight and appropriate selling prices for all planned product launches
- Prepare cost benefit analysis of any planned promotions and monitor perforamnce
- Factory/Manufacturing reporting (Efficiency, Yield, Wastage, Labour etc)
- Develop effective KPI reporting on a departmental basis
- Preparation of annual manufacturing and distribution budgets
- Qualified CIMA accountant or similar
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in FMCG or manufacturing
- Excellent commerical acumen with an analytical and costing focus
- Have experience of and be the catalyst for the delivery of business improvement projects
- Ability to communicate across all business areas
- Advanced excel and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines.