Protein Purification Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Research Scientist – Protein Purification (21N/PPSF)
Due to continued growth, Randox Laboratories require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientists to join the protein purification team. The Scientists will be based at one of our Crumlin sites and involved in all aspects of protein purification and research.
We require highly motivated Protein Purification Scientists to join our growing purification and QC team. The scientists will be involved in all aspects of Protein and antibody purification, research and QC including:
• Purification of monoclonal antibodies using Akta Purification platform
• Operation of analytical QC methods, including HPLC
• Development of new protein purification and QC methods
• Evaluation and optimisation of existing methods
• Keeping up to date with academic literature
• BSc in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or related bioanalytical subject area
• Ability to work independently within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
• Understanding of Protein Chemistry.
• Possess excellent organisational and communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to interpret and analyse data.
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Postgraduate qualification in a related field.
• Practical experience with protein purification techniques.
• Chromatography experience (FPLC, HPLC/UPLC)
• Mass-Spectrometry experience
• Raman Spectroscopy
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.