Protein Purification Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Research Scientist – Protein Purification (22N/PPDW)
Due to continued growth, Randox Laboratories require a highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientists to join the protein purification team. The Scientists will be based at one of our Crumlin sites and involved in all aspects of protein purification and research.
We require highly motivated Protein Purification Scientists to join our growing purification and QC team. The scientists will be involved in all aspects of Protein and antibody purification, research and QC including:
- Development of robust preparative protein purification methods.
- Operation of FPLC systems for purification of antibodies.
- Analytical methods for Characterization of proteins including HPLC/UPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE. LC-MS, etc.
- Developing an in depth understanding of downstream processing and analytical methods.
- BSc in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or related subject area.
- Ability to work independently within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Postgraduate qualification in a related field.
- FPLC or other protein purification experience.
- Experience with various analytical methods (e.g., HPLC/UPLC, Capillary Electrophoresis, Mass-Spec, SDS-PAGE).
- Understanding of Protein Chemistry.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.