RCLS Mobile Laboratory Analyst
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
RCLS Mobile Laboratory Analyst – Stansted – (Job Code: 22/SSLA)
Randox Laboratories are seeking applications from candidates to join our COVID Testing Lab in Stansted Airport. These positions would be trained in one of the key areas of our COVID Processing Lab. These include Extraction, PCR and QPCR. Full training is provided so it not essential to have previous experience in any of these areas.
These roles are temporary initially with a view to going permanent for those available long term.
The working hours for this position are 4 days on and 4 days off, working 8am – 8pm.
These roles will be based at our lab in the Stanstead.
• Operation of a pop-up testing lab in North London.
• The preparation and handling of samples and diagnostic reagents.
• Receipt and accessioning of SARS-CoV-2 samples for analysis.
• Routine use of the Bosch Vivalytic analysers.
• Responsibility for the quality control and release of results on our Vivalytic range of instruments.
• The troubleshooting of COVID-19 related customer queries and the provision of product information and advice.
• The development of a high degree of product knowledge covering all COVID-19 related products.
• Qualified to at least degree level in Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, Immunology, or a Life Science.
• Knowledge of a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel to produce correspondence, documents, and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility to work a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
An international company operating in over 145 countries that continues to have unparalleled growth, Randox Laboratories has been the heartbeat of the UK’s National COVID Testing Programme throughout the pandemic. In early 2020 Randox recognised the threat from COVID-19 and, based on over 40 years of diagnostic experience, quickly developed a test to accurately identify the virus. Testing at scale commenced within weeks to support the UK’s National Testing Programme and private clients alike. Through the enormous effort and commitment of its staff Randox is currently operating at a capacity of 180,000 COVID-19 samples per day, making it the most productive laboratory in the UK and Ireland and amongst the very largest in Europe.
Additionally, as a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology and food security, our expertise and product portfolio have assisted laboratories across the world in improving health and saving lives. Our global success is a result of our pioneering products and the commitment & skill of our workforce, which continue to grow exponentially.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive and determination to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our talented staff play a role in this. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software, and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Join the Randox team and play your part in improving the health of millions.