R&D Scientist – Food Diagnostics
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
R&D Scientists – Food Diagnostics (21N/RDST)
Due to continued growth, Randox Food Diagnostics requires highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientists to join the research and development team. The successful scientists will be involved in the development and release of innovative food quality and food safety test solutions for the food industry. Contaminant analysing foods is an integrated part of food safety management. Both competent authorities and individual food business operators conduct contaminant analysis routinely and conduct rend analysis in order to detect emerging risks. Randox Food diagnostics are globally renowned for the development of rapid, reliable and accurate detection methods within the food testing industry.
• Adherence to strict project deadlines.
• Adherence to company operating procedures and policies.
• The familiarisation of current methods and technologies for a given project.
• The detailed completion of laboratory reports demonstrating rigorous analysis of results.
• Involvement in all aspects of the demonstrating rigorous analysis of results.
• Involvement in all aspects of the design and development process.
• Liaising with other R&D departments and staff.
• The accurate completion of all experimental work associated with the development of diagnostic products from initial assessment of reagents to the validation and release of the product.
• The calibration, operation and routine maintenance of various scientific equipment and analytical instruments.
• Development of expertise within a given role.
• Qualified to degree level in a Science related discipline.
• Ability to work independently within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
• Possess excellent organisational and communication skills (written and oral).
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to accurately record analytical data.
• Demonstrate understanding of immunoassay principles.
• Precious post-graduate work experience within a science related role.
• Knowledge of test methods specific to food quality and safety.
• Previous experience of product development and certification.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.