T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Research Scientist (21N/RSDT)
Randox are looking for highly motivated candidates to join the molecular division of their research and development department as a Research Scientist.
This role is based at our site in Crumlin.
• The role of Research Scientist within the molecular department is to run patient samples (e.g., serum, plasma, salvia. etc.) on Randox Biochip Arrays (Evidence Investigator), SDS PAGE, Western Blot, Immunohistochemistry, and ELISA for studies that include for example, lung cancer, bladder cancer, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), autoimmune disease, AKI etc.
• General lab techniques such as raw materials, buffer preparation, inventory keeping and stock management, statistical analyses, PowerPoint presentations etc.
1. Degree level qualification in a life science discipline.
2. Laboratory experience in an R&D or manufacturing laboratory.
3. Ability to work independently within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
4. Possess excellent organisational and communication skills (written and oral).
5. Be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
1. Practical laboratory experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or immunology.
2. Practical laboratory experience in antibody technologies.
3. Qualification to Masters or PHD level.
4. Experience in following company QA procedures, policies and regulations.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.