Scientific Applications Manager
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Scientific Applications Manager (21N/SAAM)
Randox has an exciting opportunity for a hardworking individual with previous supervisory experience to become a Team Leader within our Applications team based at the Randox Science Park. The role will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Applications Team.
This role is a purely Office Based Scientist role.
• Generating, checking and updating of Instructions For Use (IFU) and Instructions for Specific Applications (ISA) documents for various Randox products on time and in accordance with company procedures
• Supervising the work of others in the Applications team
• The effective training and development of each team member
• The provision of information and advice on the adaptation of Randox reagents for manual and automated use to other Randox staff
• Developing operational knowledge on the various instruments on which Randox reagents can run.
• Compiling information on automated instruments by liaising with end-users, distributors and Randox sales staff
• Developing the technical expertise of Randox sales representatives and distributors worldwide
• The establishment and maintenance of detailed ISO procedures within the department
• Educated to at least Bachelors level in a Biological Science subject
• Possess leadership qualities
• Be able to motivate staff
• Good understanding of basic Scientific principles
• Good computer skills.
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• The ability to work as part of a team and independently using initiative.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Previous experience operating clinical chemistry analysers and instruments
• Previous experience of working in a Manufacturing environment
Randox Laboratories passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products.
Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer