T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Research and Development Scientist – (Job Ref: 23/RDRD)
Career opportunities currently exist with a world class leader in the development of revolutionary medical diagnostics, for clinical and veterinary application.
Are you ready to make a difference in Clinical and Veterinary Research and Development?
We require highly motivated and creative individuals to fulfil challenging Research and Development roles at our state-of-the-art facility in Dungloe, Co. Donegal. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to embrace cutting edge research and experience novel technologies where biomarker discovery programmes and interrogation of antibody/protein interactions stimulate the development of novel multiplexed assays using Biochip Array Technology. Protein concentration, antibody profiling and post-translational modification measurements are utilised for product development. The position is based at a Randox Research and Development hub where strategic areas of focus include Stroke, Renal Disease, Oncology, Neurodegeneration, Gastrointestinal Disorders and Animal Health. This high calibre research involves interaction with national and international collaborative networks.
Be the Research and Development Scientist who leads the way in the design, development, verification and clinical validation of novel diagnostic tests to prevalent human and animal disease conditions.
- BSc/MSc in a relevant biomedical or life science subject.
- Comprehensive understanding of immunoassay principles.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Possess excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant biomedical or life science subject.
- Previous experience in clinical/veterinary research.
- Comprehensive knowledge of immunology and protein biochemistry.
- Relevant laboratory experience to include ELISA, immunoprecipitation, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, PCR.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of laboratory instrumentation including automated systems.
- Comprehensive data analysis skills.
- Evidence of publication in internationally recognised peer reviewed journals.
- Presentations at national and international conferences.
Randox Laboratories is a privately owned diagnostic reagent and equipment manufacturing company. For nearly 30 years we have developed innovative diagnostic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals worldwide. Our products are employed in over 30,000 laboratories in 130 countries and support clinical decision-making in a wide variety of fields including cardiology, neurology, oncology, biochemistry, virology, endocrinology and immunology. We place high value on Research and Development in order to continuously improve existing methodology and develop pioneering new products.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer