Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB6111
Business Unit: Pharma Services
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Open To: Internal and External Candidates
Please note this is a re-advertisement, if you have applied for this position within the past 6 months, we will be unable to accept your application at this time
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years and now employs in excess of 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our Charnwood site in Loughborough, Leicestershire, your responsibilities will include the following
- Hands on method development, method validation, release testing, stability testing and troubleshooting to GMP
- Supervising Analysts and Technicians and overseeing analytical tasks within the Laboratory
- Mentoring, educating and training Analysts and Technicians
- Providing Technical Expertise within the Analytical Laboratory and taking the lead with complex challenges.
- GMP analytical data review
- Writing and maintaining GMP documents associated with the Analytical Facility
- Ensuring GMP compliance is maintained, carrying out GMP investigations and escalating when necessary.
- Support and stand in for the Technical Leaders and Team Leaders to ensure the smooth running of the Analytical Team
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- Have eligibility to work in the UK OR possess a valid work permit that will allow you to take up full time, permanent employment in the UK
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component.
- Significant experience working in a GMP environment.
- Experience of GMP raw material testing for API, excipients and packaging components
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- M.Sc./PhD (or equivalent in a Chemistry or Life Science with a significant chemistry component
- Experience in supervising or line managing a team of analysts.
- Experience of using Empower chromatography data capture system
- Experience in the use of LC-MS systems
Family friendly flexible working
Learning and development opportunities and support
Enhanced pension contribution
Long service awards
34 days annual leave allowance
Free car parking
Moving house leave
Paid medical appointments
Enhanced maternity pay
Occupational sick pay
Critical illness policy
Perks discount scheme
Death in service benefit
Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
To Apply: Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
Closing Date: Thursday 4th March 2021 at 17:00 hours