Serum Manufacturing Technician
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Randox is currently seeking applications for the position of Serum Manufacturing Technician.
The main job function is carrying out manufacturing within the serum department, as per departmental SOPs and Work Instructions. Processes include: The defibrination of plasma; the dialysis, concentration and filtration of serum; screening of plasma for LP(a) control/calibrator manufacture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Ensuring accurate recording of data and completion of works and quality records for each process.
• The operation and routine maintenance of various types of departmental equipment such as stirrers balances, hot plates, filtration equipment and dialysis equipment.
• Monitoring and basic troubleshooting of the water purification system.
• The weekly microbial sampling of water, air and swabs within the department.
• Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Good numeracy skills.
• Possess excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work in a logical fashion.
• Be computer literate in Microsoft office programs, word and excel.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of quality systems.
• Experience with stock management systems e.g. Sage
• Working Knowledge of health and safety including COSHH
• Familiar with Lean Manufacturing
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.