Serum R&D Scientist
T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Serum R&D Scientist – (Job Ref: 21N/SRDS)
We require highly motivated and dedicated individuals to work within our busy Formulation Department as Serum Scientists. The successful applicants will be responsible for the filtration/formulation of Randox control materials in accordance with order and product specifications.
• Formulation and Filtration of Serum Products.
• Review of Quality Control results.
• Operation and maintenance of various types of departmental equipment and analytical instrumentation.
• Preparation and accurate completion of formulation records.
• Dealing with manufacturing issues – completing non-conformance reports, preparing trials, raising concessions and preparing process change documents.
• Be qualified to at least degree level, with at least a 2.1 in a life science discipline.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with an eye for details and the ability to prioritise work.
• Ability to reliably operate different types of equipment and analytical instrumentation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Packages.
• Good mathematical skills for a wide range of scientific calculations.
• Full UK driving license.
• Relevant experience in a manufacturing or laboratory environment.
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety including CoSHH.
• Experience using a stock control system such as Sage would be advantageous.
Randox Laboratories are passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more. Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.