T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Software Engineers are required for a dynamic, rapidly growing medical research and development company.
Join our team of talented, dynamic, and passionate software engineers, working with highly skilled scientists, mathematicians, embedded systems engineers, electrical and mechanical design engineers, and software testers to deliver a new generation of diagnostic solutions.
These positions will be based at The Randox Science Park in Antrim Town, Co. Antrim.
- Develop design concepts based on User Requirements
- Contribute to the development of Functional Requirements Specifications based on User Requirements and approved concept designs
- Contribute to the development of Software Requirements Specifications based on User Requirements and approved concept designs
- Develop software and control solutions for medical device platforms
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, clearly communicate requirements to other team members to ensure all development and testing is co-ordinated appropriately
- Work alongside other engineering disciplines, scientists and Software Test Engineers to ensure designs are rigorously tested, verified and validated
- Liaise with external design/manufacturing companies on technical specifications and project progress when appropriate
- Identify appropriately specified COTS products/software for use within a system
- Liaise with purchasing department on the identification and evaluation of suitable suppliers
- Generate and maintain technical documentation, specifically, but not limited to, code review documentation, work instructions, FMEA, BOM etc.
- Conduct, review and revise FMEA
- Contribute to risk/hazard analysis for products under development and released
- Report on status of projects/designs, both orally and in written format, to direct and senior management
- For both products under development and released products, contribute to design change when necessary, ensuring that design change is managed in a controlled way
- Possess a higher-level qualification in a Software related discipline, or be able to demonstrate appropriate industrial experience
- Demonstrate experience programming in C#
- Desire to learn and explore new technologies
- Experience communicating with and controlling embedded software
- Experience with User Interface development and UI Design patterns such as MVVM
- Experience developing software for use on Linux
- Experience unit testing
- Experience designing software applications and UML modelling
- Experience with TFS, CVS or another source control toolset
- Experience in all stages of a SDLC such as Agile, V-Model or Waterfall SDLC
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA guidance for the development of Medical Devices would be beneficial
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to the Randox ethos is our drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of our staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer