Splicing and Cabling Operatives x30
T: +353 (1) 457 5000
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, Circet Ireland are looking for experienced Cabling & Splicing Operatives.
As part of a 2 man crew, you will report into the Supervisor/FLM. You will be working on the upgrade & maintenance of National Telecoms Infrastructure projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Test Roding and Roping of UG Ducts
- The identification of traffic management requirements
- The identification of tree cutting requirements if works are OH
- The production of SLD’s on successful completion of tasks
- Prep and splice fibre optic cables as laid out in the splicing matrix.
- Have experience with various splice closures.
- Operate an optical power meter & OTDR for Testing/Fault finding.
- Reading an understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs
- Reading and understanding duct diagrams
- Working in confined spaces
- Working outdoors in all weathers.
- Travel to and from various exchange locations on completion of works
- Work to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met
- Attend accredited training courses if required
- Adhere to all KN Circet Health and Safety policies at all times
- Previous Telecom experience & good understanding of the copper network
- First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Hold a valid Street Works Operative License
- Hold overhead, jointing and cable accreditation modules (Desirable)
- Full Driving License (C / C1E / CE License Desirable)
- Cherry Picker Certificate (Desirable)
Health & Safety Compliance:
- Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the
- company H & S Policy, to minimize the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims.
- Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend
- such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary