T: +353 (1) 457 5000
The Telecoms Operative Splicer will report to the Project Manager and is responsible for terminating and testing overhead and underground fibre networks. The successful candidates will be responsible for building PONs on the Openreach FTTP rollout.
Responsibilities as Splicer include:
- Prep and splice fibre optic cables as laid out in the splicing matrix.
- Have experience with various splice closures.
- Operate an optical power meter & OTDR for Testing/Fault finding.
- Be able to read and understand test results for troubleshooting.
- Be willing to work outside normal hours if required.
- Ensure the highest standard is maintained across the Openreach network.
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the company H & S Policy, to minimise the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims. Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary proceedings.
Skills & Experience required:
- A good understanding and practical experience in Fibre splicing and network build.
- Knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure and FTTP PON Build.
- Previous Openreach Network Experience would be an advantage.
- The ability and desire to work as part of a team but be focused on individual goals.
- A responsibility to ensure all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- A Full/clean driving licence is essential.
- CSCS/CSR qualification would be an advantage but will not exclude the ideal candidate.