Store Yard Person
Fane Valley Stores is a leading supplier of animal health and agricultural products to farmers and the rural community. With an expanding network of agri-retail stores and a strong on-line platform, our aim is to exceed the expectations of our customers. We are currently recruiting for the following position based at the newly acquired Connon General Merchants in Ballymena.
Store Yard Person
- Provide excellent customer service at all times;
- Providing sales and technical advice to customers on yard and warehouse products;
- Assisting customers with the loading of goods outwards;
- Unload and check all goods inwards and notify the manager of any shortages or damaged goods;
- Ensure that the yard and warehouse are organised and maintained to a tidy and well-presented standard;
- Assist with the management of stock levels for the yard and warehouse;
- Supporting other store functions when needed;
- Complying with relevant legal obligations.
- A good basic education which includes GCSE Mathematics and English (or equivalent);
- Have retail product knowledge of agricultural goods;
- Experience in crop and/or animal husbandry;
- Competence in the use of computers;
- Have an interest in and knowledge of agriculture;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a friendly, helpful and enthusiastic personality;
- Ideally have previous work experience in a retail environment and stock control;
- Ideally have an agricultural related qualification and a forklift licence.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk/home.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday 26th February 2021.
Fane Valley Stores is an equal opportunity employer