T: +353 (1) 457 5000
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Supervisor with knowledge of cabling activities on telecom infrastructure build contracts.
Responsibilities as Supervisor include:
- Manage workflows – survey and programme work streams for the supply chain and organise staff to carry out required works as efficiently as possible.
- Manage the full project lifecycle from allocation to closure. This includes managing quality and the return of relevant packs to close out jobs.
- Ensure policies, procedures and processes are communicated and understood by crews on site.
- Address non-conformance/non-compliance early in order to minimise cost impact.
- Set realistic weekly KPI’s and deliver them in order to ensure good performance.
- Complete material sample audits.
- Carry out in-progress quality checks and coach sub-contractors on site to identify and implement innovations that improve site safety.
- Provide updates and reports on a regular basis to the Works Control and Noticing departments.
- Ensure all permit and noticing conditions are being met on site.
- Report findings real time via a handheld device in conjunction with the Client and Works Control.
- Identify where DFE'S are required and prepare submission to the Client for approval.
- Manage and maintain existing LA relationships – carry out joint site meetings with the Client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify Client needs and commercial opportunities – feedback on this to your Project Manager / Contracts Manager.
- Feed up correct reporting to the Project Manager and feed down precise instructions to the workforce.
- Investigate jobs and assign responsible operatives for commercial reporting.
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered.
- Coach operatives to work in a safe, quality and cost-effective manner.
Health & Safety Obligations:
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures.
- Ensure that the programmes for the contracts are successfully delivered in a Safe, Quality and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that a ‘Right First Time’ culture is adopted and developed throughout the business.
- Drive compliance to any regulatory measures that may apply to the works and operations that KN undertake.
- Ensure that all contracts achieve turnover and profitability by maximising efficiency and minimising cost of failure.
- Manage Client relationships within the client organisations across all areas.
Skills & Experience required:
- Must hold a full UK Drivers’ Licence.
- New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 Operative Qualifications (Unit 2)
- Knowledge of the Openreach fibre network.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices including risk assessments.
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
- Understand how to process DFE's and gain relevant approvals.
- Confident working to tight timescales effectively.
- Experience of leading / supervising cabling and/or Splicing Engineers.
- New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 Supervisor qualifications (Unit 10)
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness: Understand and take into consideration business impact of decisions, operational and client requests.
- An understanding of permit to work schemes and noticing.
- Experience of implementing, following and amending procedures for the purpose of service delivery as dictated by the Client.