T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation are seeking to recruit for the following position:
Job Role Support Assistant (Days & Nights)
Location The Mews Supported Living, 143A Glen Road, Belfast
Salary £12.05 PH (Days)
£13.24 PH (Nights)
Hours 37.5 hours per week (Days, Nights, Evenings and Weekends)
3 x Shifts per week Hours
Days shifts range between 8am-10pm
Night shifts range between 8pm-8.30am
*Flexibility is required to ensure the needs of the service are met.
You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
The Mews is a Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBS) which consists of 12 single occupancy apartments located in West Belfast. The service provides a Person-Centred approach through supported living solutions to service users with Learning Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and complex needs. The Service operates under the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Framework and provides 24hr care and support.
The role of Support Assistant requires a team approach in delivering person-centred care with a focus on achieving positive outcomes for the service users. This includes:
- Assisting with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion in a broad range of activities.
- Follow and assist with identified personal care and support needs of service users.
- Completing and maintaining CPI Safety Intervention training and using the techniques, where appropriate.
- Adhering to the standards set by RQIA, The Trust and NISCC; as well as Safeguarding protocols.
- Embracing the values of The Cedar Foundation, as well as demonstrating enthusiasm for the role.
- Engaging positively with supervision, taking ownership of mandatory training requirements and personal development.
We require confident, calm and compassionate people who can provide meaningful support in times of crisis and within a challenging environment. You will embrace the values of Cedar, be enthusiastic in your role and take part in personal development, you will also partake in mandatory training including CPI Safety Intervention.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks days pro rata in each leave year (inclusive of statutory days). This increases to 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service and 7 weeks after 10 years’ service.
- Paid breaks.
- Free car parking as well as tea and coffee.
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees.
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on statutory days.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support.
- Health Cashback Scheme.
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.
We are currently offering a Welcome Bonus totalling £1000: The bonus will be £250 on successful completion of 3 months’ service, a further £250 on successful completion of 6 months’ service & a further £500 paid on first anniversary totalling £1000.
We are an Equals Employer.