T: (028) 9046 1834
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Support Assistant 23-306-SA-JW-WEB
Job Role Support Assistant (Day Duty and Night Duty)
Location 1 Johnston Way, Lisburn, BT28 2XE
Salary £10.93 per hour
Hours 36 hour contract
7 day cover- Mornings/Evenings & weekends
Support Assistants are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis
Johnston way, located in North Lisburn, is a Registered Domiciliary Care Agency and Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBS) which consists of 2 dwellings, each for four men. The service offers a person-centred approach for service users who have Learning Disabilities and associated needs. The Service operates under the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Framework and provides care and support on a 24 hour basis.
The role of Support Assistant requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
- To assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
- To support service users with identified personal care and support needs.
- Support Assistants are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
- Annual leave based on 28 days (inclusive of public and statutory holidays), based on accrual, paid in arrears per quarter.
- Statutory Sick Pay, if applicable.
- Auto enrolment into pension scheme, if applicable.
- Investor in People Platinum organisation with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities.
- Free parking and tea & coffee available
- The successful candidate will be supported and trained in CPI Intervention
- 6 months experience of providing care/support
- Effective verbal and written communication to include numeracy skills
- Working knowledge of the needs of people with learning disabilities
- Demonstratable understanding and knowledge on behaviours that challenge
Apply Online: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 4th December 2023
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER