Support Worker – Bank
T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Bank Support Workers REF: 21/151/BSW-AH/WEB
The Cedar foundation deliver a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our services are centred around the individual needs of each person and are delivered throughout Northern Ireland.
The role of Bank Support Worker requires a team approach at all times with effective working relationships for the benefit of the service user.
To assist service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities.
To support service users with identified personal care and support needs. Support workers are required to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis.
Ardkeen comprises 10 fully adapted, 1 bedroom open plan apartments, spread over two floors. Each single occupancy home is designed to facilitate people who have high supported living needs such as those who have physical disability, brain injury or sensory impairment.
Hillmount consists of 7 flats, and a cul-de-sac of 5 bungalows all of which incorporate elements of SMART technology. All service users have physical and sensory disabilities and /or brain injury with associated needs. The team consists of 3-5 staff on daily to provide the service users support with their daily needs.
Through a key worker system, he/she will also have involvement in the delivery of individual support/care plans.
Hours: Casual, as and when required
Location: (Ardkeen/Hilmount, 86 Malborough Park North, Belfast, BT9 6HL
Hourly Rate: £9.29 per hour
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Interest in working with people in a care environment
- Able to work flexibly and be available to work unsociable hours and public holidays on a rotational basis
- Annual leave based on 20 days statutory entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays – based on accrual paid in arrears per quarter
- Statutory sick pay, if applicable.
- Auto enrollment into enhanced pension scheme if applicable. (employee 5% & employer 4%).
- Investor in People accredited organization with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
Successful candidates will be appointed following satisfactory Access NI and other pre-employment checks. This Post is subject to an Enhanced Access NI check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from working with The Cedar Foundation. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences or other information contained on a disclosure certificate.
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER