T: (028) 9066 6188
The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Support Workers REF: 20-155-SW-AH-WEB
The Cedar foundation deliver a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our services are centred around the individual needs of each person and are delivered throughout Northern Ireland.
The Support Worker is part of the team whose function is to meet the practical, physical and emotional needs of individuals in receipt of services within the Cedar Foundation Supported Living schemes Schemes.
Through a key worker system, he/she will also have involvement in the delivery of individual support/care
ARDKEEN – Ardkeen consists of 10 fully adapted apartments, designed to facilitate Supported Living for tenants with high support needs, under the one roof. The tenant group includes people with physical disability, brain injury and sensory impairment. It combines housing with care and technology to increase independence and enhance quality of life. Tenants can utilise elements of assistive technology to support daily living. Ardkeen is located just off the Lisburn Road in Belfast and close to local amenities such as; shops, restaurants, parks and health centres. The team consists of 4-5 staff on daily to provide the service users support with their daily needs.
HILLMOUNT – Hilllmount consists of 7 flats, and a cul-de-sac of 5 bungalows all of which incorporate elements of SMART technology. All service users have physical and sensory disabilities and /or brain injury with associated needs. The team consists of 3-5 staff on daily to provide the service users support with their daily needs.
Hours: 20 and 30 hours per week
Location: Supported Living Services in Belfast (Primary location in South Belfast)
Hourly Rate: £9.05 per hour
- Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills
- Available to work shifts as required.
- Registered or willing to apply for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council. Once offer of employment has been made, applicants must register with NISCC. (Payment of NISCC registration fee will be reimbursed by Cedar)
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing physical care / support for individuals.
- Starting on 28 days leave (pro rata) in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays)
- Cedar offer an enhanced auto-enrolment pension scheme consisting of 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access 24/7 Doctors Line
- Health Cashback scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
Apply online at: https://cedar-foundation.getgotjobs.co.uk/home
Closing Date: 6th December 2020
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER