T: +44 (0) 28 9442 2413
Synthetic Chemist- (Job Ref: 21N/SYCH)
We require highly motivated individuals to work within our Synthetic Chemistry group. Work within the group involves the design and synthesis of a wide range of clinically significant target molecules providing material, supporting both R & D and manufacturing within the company.
- Use your knowledge to take on a range of technical challenges applying organic synthetic capabilities to design, synthesise and analyse novel compounds.
- You will utilise your scientific expertise to generate solutions to problems.
- Work in a team environment and possess good communication skills; able to summarise and present scientific results and ideas to colleagues
- Liaising with the Laboratory Manager in regular reviews and meetings
- BSc/MSc/PhD IN Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or a closely related field of study.
- Lab Experience in organic synthesis (industrial experience would be advantageous).
- Have good knowledge of practical synthetic and purification techniques.
- Have a good understanding of modern analytical methods including H1 NMR, C13 NMR and Mass Spectroscopy.
- Ability to work accurately and to prioritize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Good understanding of lab safety including COSHH and GLP
- Experience in synthetic route design
- This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry, who can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
Randox Laboratories is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through our commitment and the skill of our people we have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve our growing international markets, we require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Start Date Negotiable
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer