Technical Sales Account Manager
T: +44 (0) 28 9335 1043
Role: To support Sales Manager to achieve departmental goals
- Understand company goals and sales objectives, and support Sales Manager to achieve the sales objectives.
- Understand all processes of trading, including manufacturing, transportation, and accounting, to provide best service to customers.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships between customers and Ryobi, through customer visits and the effective use of other communication channels.
- Constant monitoring of customer accounts and reporting their status to the Sales Manager with regards to project schedule, delivery, tooling arrangement, invoicing, payment, etc.
- Initiate and oversee quote preparation, submission and follow up.
- Collect and analyze information from customers, competitors and market and inform the relevant department in order to provide:
a) Best service to customer b) Maximum profit to Ryobi.
- Support marketing activities and develop new business.
- Continuous improvement of all affected Sales processes.
- Participate with team working, information sharing and Continuous Improvement Programmes.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Comply and ensure compliance with the Company Environmental Policy and requirements of the Environmental Management System both in normal and emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educated to Engineering HNC/HND/ Degree level
- Previous experience in a technical environment
- Very good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sociable, team focused with the ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Good analytical, prioritizing and reporting skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Diplomatic and persuasive
- Ability to network with and influence people both internally and externally in order to achieve a pre-defined outcome
- Understand and apply commercial and financial principles to improve performance
- Proven track record of delivering creative solutions to overcome obstacles and enhance profitability
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Previous experience in automotive industry
- Experience of Account Management in a technical environment
- Knowledge of French/German/ Spanish language
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer pension contributions
- A health cash plan
- Discount scheme
- Life assurance
- Service-related holidays
- Employee assistance programme
- Free car parking
- Learning and Development opportunities and support
- Ride to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Service awards