Fane Valley Stores is Northern Ireland’s leading provider of agronomy services, crop inputs, fertiliser, seed, Agri-technology and advice. As part of the ongoing strategic growth and development of our Agronomy and Forage division, we now wish to appoint a Trainee Agronomist to assist with the delivery of our strategic plan.
Trainee Agronomist – Eastern Region
The Trainee Agronomist will undergo an extensive training program to become a BASIS and FACTS qualified Agronomist within our Agronomy and Forage team with responsibility for:
- Delivering ambitious growth strategies across the territory to new and existing customers for a leading range of high quality products including agro-chemicals, bio-stimulants, forage additives, cereal / grass seeds and fertiliser / lime products;
- Providing customers with technical advice, crop walking with agronomy support on arable, root and forage crop production, including seed selection, crop nutrition, crop protection, soil nutrition and forage conservation.
- Educated to degree level in Agriculture, Agriculture with Crop Science, Agri Business or similar (2021 graduates are welcome to apply);
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the Northern Ireland agricultural industry, including knowledge of arable and mixed farming sectors;
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills and be able to communicate with farmers and colleagues;
- Have excellent business acumen and commercial awareness with a strong can do attitude;
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a busy team;
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
In return, the company offers an attractive salary and benefits package including a company vehicle, a full graduate training program, continual personal development and excellent career progression opportunities.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or apply directly through our Get Got portal at https://fanevalley.getgotjobs.co.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday 14th May 2021.
Fane Valley Stores is an equal opportunities employer