Trainee Chartered Accountant
T: 02890 385 888
About the Role…
This is an exciting and lucrative opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career and support both the accounting function and the company within one of Northern Irelands largest Motor Dealer Groups. The successful applicant will need an eye for detail coupled with good communication skills, and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst being able to contribute positively to the successful running of this prosperous business.
We strive to develop our accountants into individuals who do more than just the financials. This role will allow you to select the Training Contract between either Chartered Accountants Ireland or CIMA, for enrolment in Autumn 2021. Many senior financial roles and several operational board positions are held by qualified accountants who have been promoted through the company.
About the Agnew Group…
Established in 1931 by The Agnew Family, the Agnew Group became part of the Sytner Group of companies in 2012, the UK’s largest motor retailer, which in turn is owned by the Penske Automotive Group, USA. We operate 15 dealerships in the areas of Belfast, Newtownabbey and Portadown, representing 9 manufacturer brands. We also operate Agnew AutoStore in Portadown, Agnew Leasing, NI TPS, Agnew Repair Centre, Agnew Trade Centre and Agnew Car Buyer. We employ over 900 staff, sell over 18,000 new and used vehicles annually, with an annual turnover over £450m.
- 5 GCSE’s Grade C and above (or equivalent)
- Practical knowledge of computerised accounts packages.
- Working knowledge of computerised systems & MS Office
- Excellent keyboard skills to include use of spreadsheets
- Bright and ambitious candidate with excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- A minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline or Accounting Technicians qualification
- Experience of working in a fast-moving accounts department
- A minimum 2:1 degree in Accounting
- Motor Trade Experience
- Experience of the CDK Autoline system
Remuneration and Benefits…
- Salary: £18-21k, rising annually subject to job and exam performance.
- Study and Exam Leave
- Discounted car purchase scheme available after qualifying period.
- Additional benefits which include – preferential rates for servicing and parts, up to 20% off high street retailers, colleague referral scheme and privilege rates for hotels and trips.
- And much more…
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, click on the apply/resume button.
Alternatively, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting the job reference above.
N.B. Applicants must demonstrate on their application form how they meet each of the criteria in order to be short-listed for interview.
All completed applications must be received by 12:00pm (midday) on Wednesday 19th May. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.
As communication will be via email, please check your spam/junk folder
The Agnew Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer