Trainee Team Leader (Internal)
Due to internal development of the team we are now recruiting for a Trainee Team Leader to work within the factory to lead a team in the production of precast concrete products, to manufacture the products in accordance with health & safety and quality standards, ready in the time agreed and efficiently produced to target.
Company benefits: An attractive salary and Performance Related Pay (PRP) will be offered to the successful candidate. Company benefits include pension, healthcare scheme, company sick pay, holidays, shopping discount scheme, free car parking and cycle to work scheme.
The key responsibilities of the role can include:
• To lead a team in the production of precast products, to manufacture the products in accordance with Health & Safety, quality and environmental standards ensuring full compliance in line with company management system at all times
• Ability to supervise the efficiency of a complete team, and to plan, organise and coordinate production with the team in accordance with the Production Sheet or as instructed by the Unit Leader
• Adherence to daily production plans by providing support to their team to ensure deadlines are met
• Working within different production operations throughout the factory, while continuing to provide a support and leadership platform
• Ensuring housekeeping and tidiness complies with company expectations
• Clear communication skills within the team with the ability to listen to and influence others and make decisions when required
• Ability to accept full ownership for the quality of products produced within your area.
• Monitoring team performance daily e.g. recognising good performance and coaching underperformance
• Any other duties, within reason and capability, as agreed through consultation with the Unit Leaders
• Self-motivated and possess the qualities needed to lead their own team ideally within an industrial environment.
• Ability to comply with Health & Safety, Quality, and environmental standards
• Ability to co-ordinate on-the-job training of all new and existing team members
• Clear communication skills within the team with the ability to listen to, influence and motivate others and make decisions when required
• Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement within their team
• Excellent attendance and timekeeping
• Willingness to be flexible with overtime and work in various systems within the factory when required
• Knowledge and understanding of achieving targets
• Knowledge and understanding of LEAN manufacturing procedures
• Previous work experience on civil engineering related projects
• Strong ability to interpret and implement technical/construction drawings
• Counterbalance forklift licence or overhead crane licence
• Supervisory experience of leading a team
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th May 2021
To apply for this vacancy, contact the HR team on 028 2565 2566.
Moore Concrete is an Investors in People Company and Equal Opportunities Employer