Washroom (Hygiene) Operative
T: 028 7963 2465
Day To Day Activities:
- Daily cleaning of barrels, bins, mixing bowls, utensils and racks within the washroom to ensure that Production have the appropriate equipment when required. Ensuring that all equipment is returned to the appropriate stations.
- Participate in the routine cleaning of the equipment and machinery within the bakery, including manual handling, lifting and moving machinery and equipment, in order to ensure that all appliances are thoroughly cleaned..
- Participate in non-routine manual cleaning, i.e. ceilings, canopies, walls, as required.
- To maintain a clean, safe and tidy environment throughout the bakery.
- To ensure safe working practices are adopted at all times in accordance with Safety, Health and Environmental policies, procedures and legislation.
- To strictly follow detailed cleaning procedures.
- Complete all necessary records timely and accurately.
- Use cleaning chemicals and detergents safely and correctly (COSHH).
- Participate in all relevant training as required.
- Cleaning of packing area floors and tables.
- Washing wire racks as per instruction.
- Up keep of the bakery floors at all times of evening production.
- Removing of waste bins when needed.
- Deep cleaning of bakery areas as required.
- To ensure 100% completion of daily rituals.
- To attend taste panels when required.
- To support the Improvement Programmes in place.
- To encourage colleagues to participate and drive continuous improvement in their area
- To meet daily Key Performance Indicators on a consistent basis
- Any other duties within the post holder’s competence as requested by the Manager.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising workflow
- Experience working as an industrial cleaner in a manufacturing and/or food environment.
- Chemical training
- 5 days per week (Monday to Friday inclusive). 12 noon – 8pm per shift. Plus rotational weekend week.
Genesis is an equal opportunities employer