Women’s Advocate (3 Year Period)
Due to the level of contact with vulnerable women, who have and continue to experience gender based violence and are sexually exploited, this post falls within the exemption stated in Article 10 (e) of the Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976, therefore only applications from females will be considered.
Reports to: Service Manager – Foyer
Salary: Scale points 28 – 31, £25,166 – £27,892 per annum.
Department: Homelessness Services
Location: Belfast TBC
Hours of Work: The primary hours of this post are 9am to 5pm (35 hours per week). There is a requirement of working evenings and weekends as part of the role. A flexi-time system is in operation. Reasonable hours outside of this may be required to fulfil the duties of this position.
Job Purpose: Working across Simon Community hostels in greater Belfast Area you will provide a range of support to homeless women
In particular you will:
- Provide individual and group advocacy support to women experiencing homelessness
- To support and facilitate the involvement of homeless women in the decisions that affect their lives and have a say in how the services they receive are being delivered.
Organisation Values: Our values are fundamental to how we work with clients and each other.
We are driven by our values of being non-judgmental, existing to support our clients and meet their needs, being trustworthy and focused on ending homelessness and being dedicated to the people we support.
1. Relevant third level qualification – diploma / degree in Social Work, diploma / degree in Youth and Community Work plus at least one years’ experience within the last three years of working directly with vulnerable women in a paid capacity.
A degree in one of the following: Psychology or Sociology (or similar) and at least two years’ experience within the last five years of working directly with vulnerable women within a paid capacity.
2. Experience of the design and delivery of group work programmes.
3. Experience and knowledge of homelessness legislation and policy
4. Experience of user involvement in the planning and delivery of services.
5. Experience of working on a one to one basis with vulnerable women
6. Experience of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and social media applications.
7. Full valid driving license is required to be able to meet the requirements of the post in full.
In addition, please note the following:
This is a Regulated Activity Position.
Successful candidates are expected to register with NISCC prior to employment.