We are now recruiting for a Yard Service Operative to join our Operations team. The purpose of the role is operate within the company’s precast yard, carrying out all necessary tasks such as operating a forklift to remove finished products from factories, stacking products neatly in the yard area as per the planned layout, providing customer service to customers and loading their vehicle/trailer with purchased products, loading lorries with products for larger orders, and general housekeeping duties. The successful candidate will be part of a wider yard, transport, and installation team
Company benefits include a competitive salary, free car parking, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, company performance related payment scheme, sickness payment scheme, paid holidays and a cycle to work scheme.
Hours of Work: Hours will be variable between 32 – 48 hours per week as needed. Standard hours of work will be Monday – Friday, various shifts available. Flexibility to work overtime and/or Saturdays as necessary is essential.
• Valid counterbalance forklift licence
• Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in an outdoor environment
• Understanding of Health & Safety at work
• Flexibility in working hours and strong adaptability skills
• Good communication and teamwork abilities
• Good customer service skills
• A strong understanding of both written and spoken English
• Previous work experience in related projects
• CSR / First Aid / Fire Warden Training